Department Awards for Excellence in Teaching for 2018-19
Each year, the Department of Computer Science awards outstanding professors, instructors, and teaching assistants for the ingenuity, intelligence, thoughtfulness, and care that they bring to the classroom.
This year, the committee solicited nominations to recognize STIC facilitators, in addition to the undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants, lecturers, and professors.The awardees have been recognized for their dedication, love of science, and the ways that they help to make the department one of the best at the University of Maryland.
Congratulations to all the teaching award winners!
• Best Professor: Soheil Feizi nominated for CMSC422 and CMSC726
• Best Lecturer: Mohammad Nayeem Teli nominated for CMSC 250 and CMSC 351
• Best STIC facilitator: Ajeet Gary nominated for CMSC389E
• Best Graduate TA: Gregory Harris nominated for CMSC417
• Best Undergrad TA: Katrina de los Reyes nominated for CMSC250
Assistant Prof. Marine Carpuat (Chair), Assistant Prof. Max Leiserson and Lecturer Larry Herman, served on the award committee.
The Department welcomes comments, suggestions and corrections. Send email to editor [at] cs [dot] umd [dot] edu.